Monday, July 03, 2006

Great Disappointment...

Aight, i know i haven't been updating writings in my blog for quite sometime and here's one now. Darn, why am i that friggin' unhappy and disappointed right now? I was so anxious to wait for the day to come and yet the day comes and it gives me a great disappointment!

Here was what happened:

I was really intended to join the 'I wanna be a model' search organize by 8tv and what shit did they give us was the way they audit us was so not efficient! I reached to Time Square on saturday(1st of July 2006) at 11.15am and i thought i was early there but when i reached to the 7th floor, OH MY GOD, the que was really long. FINE, i'll just que up then. My que wasn't that far back away but just approximately 100-120 participant away only. There were 5room, 4room for the cameraman to judge you for the next round and 1room left for the 2nd round which is facing the judges with Q&A session. I was so anxious because i was told that MANDARIN IS A MUST in this contest! All right, FINE! I'll do it! I kept on practicing the most FAQ(Frequent Asked Question) answer with the 2 guy i met there.

After a short while, my bestfriend, David called me asking me where am i. Then i told him that i'm queing up at the 7th floor at Time Square for the audition. Then he told me that he's there with his gf now. So, i told him to come over and lets que up together. Luckily the people there didn't grumble or make any noises. So we were there queing and joking. Then the cameraman with the host were walking here and there. We took a few pictures taken by the cameraman as well as the one who was holding the video camera too. After 1½hours of queing, we finally reached to the registration desk. Aight, here's another problem. Someone announced, 'who doesn't know how to speak mandarin hands up!' I reckon they missed looking at my hands up. Anyhow, i saw this crew standing by the desk looking everywhere as if he's looking for his target! Here's the conversation:

ME: Excuse me, is it a must to spean in mandarin?
CREW: Yea
ME: What if i don't speak in Mandarin but Cantonese?
CREW: Then you'll be disqualified. Err...you really don't know how speak some? Speak some and see...
ME: No, i know some of it. "Er, Wo hui yi tien tien hua yue"
CREW: Oh, can lar...
ME: oOHh ok (nervous looking at my friends)

*End of conversation*

All right, its our turn to enter the audition room. We were ascort by some 8tv crew into the room and here's the pathetic thing! We entered and my friend, David and his gf posed in front of the cameraman and i heard there were some conversation in between. Then, they walked away and it was my turn with my partner. Then i walked near the background slide and i was just standing there with my partner like a stupid nerd without knowing what were we suppose to do and after 10secs of that stupid pose, we walked away. After that, we were looking at a guy filling in a form and...one of the crew came to us asking what are we doing there? Then we were all, 'errr....' then she said, 'Did the cameraman gave you guys a sheet of paper? If they didn't it means you're disqualified.' WTF!!~ This is so RIDICULOUS! The guy who was filling the form was like....ARGH!~ How can we not get the form for the 2nd round!

See, this is so not efficient and we actually presume that while we were all queing, we were observed by some stupid crew or cameraman and had selected a few in their list and while auditioning those who isn't in their list anymore they'll just entertain us and give us a smile with their last sentence, 'Thank you for coming.' Stupid bastard! I'm darn mad at the way they had their audition! It's just so dumb and no efficient! When we walked out of the room, we saw this guy who was being interviewed that how does he felt when he was selected and whatever stuff. ARGH, c'mon! He was just so plain looking and...we(my friend and i) look way much better than him! I will not believe any of the local chinese contest anymore! It's so not efficient and dumb! The best of all in Malaysia now is still the Astro Talent Quest! That's the best that i've seen so far! 8TV is a TOTAL FAILURE! BULLSHITs!

-[aLbY]-